Wikipedia states that "Six degrees of separation refers to the idea that everyone is at most six steps away from any other person on Earth, so that a chain of, "a friend of a friend" statements can be made to connect any two people in six steps or fewer."
I am amazed at how true this theory seems to play out when it's actually tested. Since the topic of my conversations lately have been surrounding my move to the U.A.E, I am amazed at the number of people who have already been there or knows somebody who is living there or had lived there. I would love to invite people to comment on the blog regarding this topic. I think we would all be in amazement. I know that I am.
So, please, if you are reading my blog and you or someone you know has been to Dubai, Abu Dhabi or any of the emirates in the U.A.E., please comment. I'm so curious to see how this theory will continue to ring true. If only I had been documenting my recent conversations with people then I would have "proof!" We are all 6 degrees apart between two people. What a small world!
P.S. It's my birthday today on 06-06, so I couldn't resist the topic using a reference to the number 6! lol!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Would love to know what you're thinking, please comment!