Search This Blog

Monday, May 31

A Memorial Day Commemoration

And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

Memorial Day is a day of commemoration for all the men and women who have served for the U.S. Armed Forces. I feel very proud to be a U.S. citizen and am grateful for the service of my Grandfather, Uncles, Cousin and members of the U.S. global-community.


Today, I dedicate my blog to those who have Served. Without Freedom of Speech, I would be banned to post this blog online for public viewing. Without Freedom to Vote, I may not be an empowered, educated woman. Without my Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness, I would not be free to venture outside our well-protected borders.

As I reflect on my decision to embark upon a journey to a land where cultural values and political regime is far different from the one I've become accustomed to the last 36 years, I am reminded that FREEDOM in America is far from free. 

Sending out a large THANK YOU to all those that Serve and have Served honorably. Your dedication and bravery is being honored by one very proud American.



Signed, 

A Proud American

Freedom of speech and freedom of action are meaningless without freedom to think. And there is no freedom of thought without doubt. 

Bergen Evans



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to know what you're thinking, please comment!